October 31, 2022 at 1:35 pm #8153
Just bought the FBVR. Fantastic and helpfull for my project. Just one thing….is there some form of orientation while going through all the different rooms or..in other words..where ( in the bunker ) am I and what room am I looking at. There are lots of “bunkermaps” so it would be helpfull if there;s a way in the FBVR that tells me where I am like the name of the room or, even better, a small map that shows me where I am. Perhaps it’s already in the VR but I just haven’t found it.November 1, 2022 at 4:33 am #8155TIME & HISTORYKeymaster
Thanks for your post. In the current version (Beta 1) there’s no overview map that can be spawned on the screen.
However, in node 35 (we call these glowing info spheres “nodes”) at the main entrance (on the upper floor of the bunker), there’s an animation that not only shows an overview of the bunker, but also allows a view over the entire installation with cut-away walls and roofs.
We understand that this is not a real replacement for an overview mini-map, so we take this as an interesting feature request. We will discuss this and may add it in a future version of FBVR.
TimNovember 1, 2022 at 5:35 am #8157
Thanks for your quick reply. I will check this out and I think it will be helpfull. Noticed a few other things ( that might be due to my lack of knowledge but I didn’t figure them out yet….)
1. Using the 1-10 keys on your numberpad should lead to a quick jump but the keys 3-10 give no different results…)
2. Is there a way to move the camera when in “photo-mode” ?
3. Using the right mouse button you can zoom-in but is there also a way to “zoom-out” ?
I’m very enthousiastic about this VR (so don’t take me wrong 😬) because it is the only resource that gives an inside look of the bunker before it was ransacked and ruined and therefor the best reference for my 1/35 diorama of the bunker which I am building for the Historama Museum. I used a simuler VR that’s on the site of the Anne Frank Stichting for my 1/35 reconstruction of the Anne Frank House.November 1, 2022 at 6:32 am #8158TIME & HISTORYKeymaster
1) Yes, in the current release, only the buttons 0,1 and 2 are used as they jump to to far away points. We did not really have a use for the keys 3 to 9, as all other parts are reached quickly from these main central points.
2) Yes, the photo mode is a whole complex animal on its own with not to well documented controls. It’s more like a “bonus feature” in the current version. When in “Advanced Mode” you can create very interesting photos. The keys W,A,S,D move the camera around horizontally and Q and E move the camera up/down. Mouse is for the rotation and “SPACE” saves the current view as a screenshot. The shots are saved in BEAMFORGE_V2/saved/screenshots. Using “image scale” you can take photos that have a bigger resolution than your screen-res. I.e., if your screen is set to 1920×1080 and you image scale is set to “2”, your shots will be saved in 3840×2160 etc. Making shots look really crisp in high resolutions.
3) Not really. If you zoom-in and hold, it will zoom in for as long as you hold it. Releasing the button zooms back to your original position. If you want more control about taking pictures, you should use the camera mode, as that allows you to completely freely zoom and move around the environment.
TimNovember 1, 2022 at 11:07 am #8159
- Log in with your username or continue with Facebook, Twitter or Google to reply to this topic.